Monday, July 9, 2012

Togo!

I love love love Ghana, but I must say that God has laid a special love in my heart for Togo. I just got back from our second short visit there, and I must say that I cannot wait to go back!


This time, we got to Togo after the kids were in bed. I was so excited to see them that I couldn't sleep! My heart was beating so fast from excitement. I went to bed at 12:00 am and woke up at 3:00 am. I was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep! I had to be up when the kids were up. I finally heard them stirring at 5:00, so I was up and in the hallway before most of the kids were even awake.

I will never forget. Kokou, my buddy from last time, looked up at me with his big eyes. He grabbed one of my hand in both of his and just looked at me with a smile and happy eyes. Oh, I was so happy!

It is so much fun to love on the kids. It is difficult because they don't know English and we don't know Ewe or French. They receive the love just the same, though, and we were loved in return.

Another girl who is about 13 was glued to my side when she wasn't doing chores. She was so sweet. That morning, as soon as I sat down, she sat at my feet and put her head in my lap. I have been told it is a sign of respect and trust. It was so sweet and humbling. This beautiful girl is so strong and sweet and loving. As I left, I handed her a pair of my earrings. She looked up and started crying that we were all leaving. Oh, my heart.

Through FTO, money was raised for all the kids to have mattresses! There is also a building over the kitchen, a door on the courtyard, and mosquito nets coming. They also built a small storage room in the hallway for the mattresses and other things. They are also working on getting beds and other needs for the home. It is so awesome to see God work through John. He does such a good job with the homes.

Oh, my heart is sad to leave those kids, but happy for the love they receive from John, his mom, and the other people who work with the home.  Oh, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment