Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Home?

I am home...at least, I think so. It is hard to feel at home when my heart is left in Ghana and Togo with some precious, beautiful children. It is hard to have an empty lap and empty arms. I didn't realize I needed the kid's love as much as they wanted mine.

I miss them. I miss hearing a cry and knowing who it is. I miss hearing Esther's laugh and Emmanuella's very grumpy cry after nap time. I miss so much I can't keep naming things because I will never stop.

The hardest part is trying to figure out what's next. Because of school, it's not possible for me to plan another  trip back right now. But I know that I am responsible. I am responsible to pray. I am responsible to advocate for homes and supplies and love for these children.

I am praying for the next step, the next way God wants me to serve the kids. I am praying hearts will break and fall in love. I pray kids will find homes, but more than that, that God will reveal himself to these kids. I pray I will never get over the things I've seen. I pray my love for these kids won't just be a cute memory. I pray the emotion and the urgency doesn't fade like I know it can.

My heart is heavy, but it is also hopeful. I am so thankful for this opportunity, and I thank you for all your prayers and support. One thing is for sure: these two months are just a beginning. There are things you can never forget, and these kids have changed my life forever.

If you would like more information about Ghana, Great Mission International, adoption, or how you can help the 147 million orphans in the world, please contact me. If I can't answer your question, I'll get you to someone who will.

No comments:

Post a Comment